Wednesday 31 August 2011

British Pathe

Yesterday whilst I was making a kitchen cabinet for my parents holiday cottage business I was listening to Radio 2 they were talking about British Pathe. As in the past I have watched documentaries about British Pathe I was excited to learn that British Pathe have put their archives on the Internet. So today whilst I was cooking marmalade I decided to take a look... I am now addicted!

I decided to start by typing in "Sexism" - as I had hoped there would be videos from the 50's showing people how not to be sexist. There is no 'how to guide' but there is a lot of sexist comments which made me laugh, so here are my few favourite videos that I found today! Click on the picture to view the video (opens a new window).

BANK FOR LADIES ONLY



BRIGHTON PROMETTES



CAREERS FOR GIRLS



SCHOOL FLAT



STOLEN FROM MEN



WIGGERY POKERY



No comments:

Post a Comment