Sunday 18 September 2011

Online Diary's

I love learning anything about the 1930's and 40's, I don't know why but I really find it fascinating. Recently I stumbled across two blogs which diary's which were kept during the second world war. I love reading them as they show a real perspective of what life was like in WW2. One is so popular that it has now been turned into a book and would be a great Christmas present (*hint* *hint*).

So I thought I would share them with you:


Blitz Diary follows a 19 year old Eileen Kelly who lives and works in London. She only kept one line a day but it is easy to become addicted...

The second blog has recently been released as a book in America, and as a result they don't post blogs everyday or you wouldn't buy the book. Yet it is still fascinating and easy to get hookes. World War Two London Blitz Diary (1939-1945) follows Ruby Side Thompson who lived in Romford in London in the middle of the blitz. At the age of 57 she divulges her life to her diary and talks of her unhappy marriage, the bombs falling and her seven sons!

If your interested in America in the 1960's then I recommend Her Five Year Diary, which looks at life for a woman 50 years ago today. Usually there is only one sentence per day but it is uploaded daily.

I am still looking for others but they are fascinating reads...

No comments:

Post a Comment