Wednesday 22 February 2012

I know where I've been...

As I have recently been put up on Craft Gossip's website and have had some very nice words written about me, which I am so chuffed about, I thought I would put up some more of my stitching.


This is a map of the world and the red line shows where I have been. I'm really proud of this, especially as it means that I can add to it when I go on holiday again.

So here is what I did:
  1. I brought a canvas from one of those cheap stationary shops. You don't want to have it too small as it will be difficult to add detail to the world.
  2. I then covered the canvas in calico, using a stapler.
  3. Now the difficult bit. I traced a map of the world onto the calico and then started stitching (using a back stitch). This will take ages, but it can be done whilst watching television.
  4. Now add the red thread and draw a line to the countries where you have been.
  5. And your done! Keep some of the red thread so you can add to it when you travel.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment