Monday 9 April 2012

A quick chocolate mug cake

This is not one of my 52 bakes and as this is my last week at home I haven't decided on what this weeks bake will be. Today is Easter Monday and we have had a very busy Easter weekend, with B&B guests and my dad ending up in hospital for two nights after an infected ear went really badly wrong. Anyway, he is much better today an as it is a day we can all finally relax it is raining. So as a warm pick-me-up I decided to make my version of the chocolate mug cake we all know and love...

<span class=



Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
  • 3 tablespoons of coco powder
  • 1 teaspoon of corn flour
  • 4 tablespoons of caster sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 heaped tablespoons of nutella
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • Fruit or chocolate to drop into the centre. (mine had raspberries and strawberries in it)
Method:
  1. Sift the flour, coco powder and corn flour together.
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Whisk together.
  4. Now equally divide the mixture between three cups, once you are half way add the fruit or chocolate by dropping it into the centre. Now finish putting the cake mixture on top of the fruit.
  5. Pop in the microwave and cook for two-three minutes depending on your microwave.

Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment