So why the pasture times?
My brother actually told me to call it this. When my dad turned 40 he created a spoof newspaper called The Pasture Times documenting how old my dad is. Since going to university I have found that I love all things 30's, 40's and 50's which has resulted in friends and family telling me that I was born in the wrong era. So here is my blog documenting a regular girl who occasionally drifts into the past...
Here are 15 things you may not know about me...
- My favourite film is Pride and Prejudice and I love it so much I wrote an essay about it at university (on a Speech and Language Therapy degree course!). I can also quote most of it.
- I once was taught to make Tarte Tatain by Albert Roux.
- When I was a child, my dad called me 'Little Legs'
- I can't tell my left from my right (stupid dyslexia!)
- I know all the lyrics to 'we didn't start the fire', the elements song and the big bang theme (yes I know how sad that is)
- I love Doctor Who
- My parents currently live in a house which previously was an old bakery in the 1800s and was run by my family, they brought the house last year without even knowing we were linked to it.
- My current favourite song is 'Bring me sunshine' by Morcambe and Wise
- I collect 1st edition Paddington Bear books.
- My happy place is St Martin in the Fields in Trafalgar Square.
- I love robins
- I would love to meet/to have met: The Queen, Vera Lynn, The Leicester Tigers, Michael Buble, Audrey Hepburn, Bing Crosby, Jane Austin and Morcambe and Wise.
- I can cook a brilliant risotto.
- If anyone ever made a musical of my life (which is pretty doubtful) 'Tea for two' by Dorris Day would have to be in it.
- Someday I want to live in The Alps